• Willkommen im Forum „Wetterstationsforum.info - Archiv“.

Neuigkeiten:

Dieses Forum dient ausschließlich zu Archivzwecken.
Für Fragen nutze bitte unser aktuelles Forum, welches du unter https://wetterstationsforum.info findest.

Hauptmenü

WMR200 vs Irox/Nexus

Begonnen von plex, 17.03.2010, 07:48:46

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

plex

Hi

I've the Nexus station today, and I'm not satisfied, with the station. I think it's to sensitive with sensor placement. I've dropouts regularly....:(

But I also really miss an UV sensor, and therefore I'm looking at the WMR200.

How is the build quality compared to the Nexus, and how is the sensor range?

Btw Davis VP2 is over my budget :nein:

wettermichl

Hi,

don't give the Nexus up too early!

I had been looking for the right location for each sensor for many weeks. I had the same dropouts as you and many of us in this forum here!

Now I am really satisfied with the station, I haven't had any dropouts for 1,5 years!

So try try try. Also try to put the Nexus-basis station somewhere else. Sometimes a little turn in another direction can lead to 100% transmission of the sensors.

Good luck ;)

plex

Zitat von: "wettermichl"Hi,

don't give the Nexus up too early!

I had been looking for the right location for each sensor for many weeks. I had the same dropouts as you and many of us in this forum here!

Now I am really satisfied with the station, I haven't had any dropouts for 1,5 years!

So try try try. Also try to put the Nexus-basis station somewhere else. Sometimes a little turn in another direction can lead to 100% transmission of the sensors.

Good luck ;)

Hi

I know I moving arround the sensors might help, the sensor that keep dropping out, is only 3 meters away - one wall between.

It's cheap, that might explain the problems...

But even if it did work 100%, I still miss the UV sensor, and I want that...

Cheers

wettermichl

only 3 meters? I don't now where you live, but your walls must be quite thick  :lol:

My Temp-Sensor is 15 meters away with a 50 cm thick brick-wall in between.

As I said, keep trying ;)

and perhaps check the batteries, even though they might be new ones. Also check if there are other external influences. WLAN, other transmitters etc. Or perhaps your basis-station is located to close to the PC (-screen) or a TVset. This could cause major disturbances.

plex

Zitat von: "wettermichl"only 3 meters? I don't now where you live, but your walls must be quite thick  :lol:

My Temp-Sensor is 15 meters away with a 50 cm thick brick-wall in between.

As I said, keep trying ;)

and perhaps check the batteries, even though they might be new ones. Also check if there are other external influences. WLAN, other transmitters etc. Or perhaps your basis-station is located to close to the PC (-screen) or a TVset. This could cause major disturbances.

It's a normal double wall (isolated). I have second sensor i a nother building 30-40 meters away - it works well.

I've tried with a new sensor, and it's the same problem..

But it's only the humidity that drops out - that's strange...? If I press the arrow down button, then the station shortly find the sensor, but drops out again... After some hours everything is working great....

Another problem is Weather Display for MAC - the Irox stations are not working probably, and is not supportet by Weathersnoop yet (maybe late 2010).

I think the Nexus station has a great value for money - definitely ;)

But as I told you, I need a station with UV sensor, therefore I would like to hear from somebody, who has experience with build quility on both stations - WMR200 and the Nexus/Irox

wettermichl

I can't tell you something about the WMR, sorry.

That only the humidity drops out is very strange. Normaly both, temperature and humidity break down at the same time.

I hope anyone in this forum can help you. it depends on the english skills here ;)

plex

I've kept the Nexus, and I still have it.

I haven't had any dropouts over an year.

I'm using another usb cable, with ferrit cores, and it seemed to have solved the problem.

I've modified the rain bucket to 0.25mm and build a solar in a jar sensor - everything works smooth. Very satisfied with this budget station :top: